Top 10 Things to do in Marrakech
If you are looking for an ideal place to spend your next holiday, you can try going to Marrakech. There are a lot of things you can enjoy in this place. For your guide, here are the top 10 things you can do in Marrakech.
1. Circle the Koutoubia Mosque – this mosque is built in the style of traditional almohad with 4 copper globes being that can be seen even from afar. The height of this mosque is about 77 meters and the local leaders provides a law that no building should be made that is higher in Koutoubia Mosque as it is the symbol of Marrakech.
2. Spending time around the city – Marrakech is place of where you can get use of your time to its limit. With the design of the city market for sure you will end up losing your way as it is like a maze but as you wandering around you will find things that will catch your attention since Marrakech Market has a lot to offer.
3. Get arts and Crafty – There are shops in Marrakech that offers unique craft since they are made out of Moroccan style, there are exhibitions that shows the connection of Morocco and sub Saharan Africa that will let you experience the virtual journey crossing Sahara to Timbuktu.
4. Dig out some new threads – there are unique kind of thread that can also be found in Marrakech that even the Algerian-French designer named Norya ayroN created a Moroccan-inspired woman dress that becomes famous. There are boutiques where you can find some artistic fascinated robes that can only be seen in this place.
5. Learning the Islamic scripture & law – Learning their culture, especially their laws and belief can save you from trouble. Studying the Islamic scripture & law can help you understand their way of living.
6. Exploring Museums – One of the best Museum you should visit is the Dar Si Said Museum which was known to be the home of Ba Ahmed’s brother who build the Bahia Palace. You will see from here the collections of crafts and wood works of him along with other ceramics weapons and other things he did.
7. Visiting Sultan’s Palace – with its remains you can see how this palace was magnificently made, since the walls and the ceilings of this palace were platted with golds and the inner court of this palace had a huge central pool with an island in the middle. There are other sightings you can see as you visit this area.
8. Shop handicrafts in department store – there is a department store in Marrakech that sells only handicrafts, and this place is the best place to buy souvenirs.
9. Haggle-free zones – there are shops they called barter-free shops that will lure you into shedding a few dirhams. This place will show you beautiful crafts that can be bought in a less expensive way, Souk Cherifia is one of the shops that offers cheap things.
10. Enjoy Moroccan culinary highs – Of course your vacation in Marrakech will not be completed if you have tried their local food. Experiencing the food they it will let you feel that you belong in that place.
There are other things you can do here in Marrakech where you can spend your time with. As long as you have the money to travel happiness and enjoyment will follow.