Top 10 Attractions in Antalya
Antalya turkey is one of the best place in turkey where you can find a lot of things you can do and places you can visit. You can find places that can attract you to the moment that your time will be used and will keep you busy. Antalya offers historical sites, ruins and natural beauties where can relax.
Here are the top 10 attractions in Antalya:
1. The Old town also called Kaleici, Kaleici is perfectly made for strolling in which its design is like maze. The place is now restored and being used as tourist attraction where a lot of businesses started to grown. They restored the houses and made it to become inns, souvenir shops, art galleries and restaurant. Can be found in AtatarkCaddesi.
2. The Old Harbor is a beautiful placeas it lies in the cliffs, there you can find some boutiques, bazaars and cafes, there are also bobbing yachts that the design is still in the same as the Mediterranean time. During the mid-20th century this was the main port of trades of its souring places. This is a good place to watch the sunset or to do swimming and boating. Can be found in MermerliSokak, Keleici.
3. Antalya Museum if you are interested in history, this place will provide you the knowledge about history of the Antalya. With its beautiful exhibits being showed inside where you can almost see the coast of Turkey. The collections displayed here is remarkable and you learn the history of turkey easily. Can be found in Konyaalti Caddesi.
4. Yivli Minare or in English the fluted minaret, this figure was created by the Seljuk sultan Aleaeddin Keykubad in the year 1219 – 1236. This is an example of architecture being done in the time of Seljuk. Can be found in Cumhuriyet Caddesi.
5. Hadrian’s Gate is an entrance to Kaleici or the Old Antalya, This gate was created In honor of the visit of Emperor Hadrian in the 130 AD, this gate is made out of three arched marble gateway with many sculptural design. Can be found in Ataturk Caddesi.
6. Aspendos is a roman theater that is preserved today and one of the famous tourist attraction in Turkey. This place has been restored and has the capacity of 15,000 people and is near with the other beautiful ruins where you can see from this site. Can be found 47km east of Antalya.
7. Termesos the roman theatre or Aspendos might be beautiful but Termesos is much better with it comes to its location and atmosphere. You can see from this place the surrounding countryside and it is a big place where using your best shoes is advice to fully explore the place. Can be found 34km northwest of Antalya.
8. Perge are temples that are now destroyed but you can still see the wonder of structures of each stadium. Perge was once known to be the capital of ancient Pamphylia. Can be found in 17km east of Antalya.
9. Karst Spring, made out of lime stones and the spring improved over a period of two million years. The spring is one of the wonders with beauty that you can see as it has sub springs and sinkholes to see. Can be found in 35km north of Antalya.
10. Karain Cave near Doesemalti known to be a place where prehistoric men used to live. When this place was first found, they saw bones and teeth that believes to be with Neolithic man. Can be located 27 km northwest of Antalya.
Be sure to save all your experiences in visiting these places and enjoy visiting these places.